Jump to navigation
Symposium Etiquette Guidelines
All Symposium Participants
- UGA buses will run to the Classic Center on a loop, stopping at the Tate Center, the Arch, and the Georgia Center.
- The dress code is business formal.
- Presenters are expected to attend the keynote address and poster session barring an academic or employment conflict.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your session.
- Pick up your nametag and Program at the registration table.
- Once you have located your presentation room, introduce yourself to the session convener. If your faculty research mentor is unable to attend, the session convener will introduce you.
- Stay throughout the entire session and encourage friends and family members to do the same.
- Your poster must be hung no later than 2:30 p.m.; the Classic Center opens as early as 8 a.m.
- Presenters are expected to attend the keynote address before the poster session.
- Stay with your poster throughout the entire poster session to answer questions about your research.
- Remove your poster at the end of the poster session, but not before.
Faculty Research Mentors
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your student’s presentation.
- Pick up your name tag and program at the registration table.
- Introduce yourself to the oral session convener.
- Introduce your student and the research project before the presentation.
- Please stay throughout the entire oral or poster session to support all of the CURO presenters.
- Encourage all of your students and colleagues to attend the Symposium.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes early to prepare to convene the session.
- Introduce yourself to the student presenters and their faculty research mentors.
- Introduce students and their research if their faculty mentors are unable to attend the session.
- Bring a timekeeping device with you and read the Oral Session Convener’s Responsibilities.