Deadline: March 4, 2023
The Best Paper Awards recognize excellence among the papers associated with work presented at that year’s CURO Symposium.
We grant Best Paper Awards in the following categories:
- Life Sciences
- Public and International Affairs
- Arts, Humanities and Media
- Physical and Environmental Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Technology, Engineering and Math
Award recipients will be presented with a certificate and a $100 award during the Symposium Keynote Session.
To be eligible for a Best Paper Award, applicants must present work associated with that paper at the CURO Symposium, either in the oral or poster session. Undergraduate students presenting together at the Symposium -and- who are interested in a joint Best Paper submission, should contact the CURO office at (email@example.com).
Best Paper submissions occur as part of the main Symposium application/abstract submission process. Upon logging-in to the submission systems, students will find a link to submit a Best Paper on their home page.
Best paper submissions should be no longer than 10 pages (excluding references and appendices), double spaced, and with no smaller than an 11-point font.
REVIEW & SELECTION:
Each submission will be reviewed according to the following criteria:
- originality in topic
- design of research
- clarity in stating the problem or thesis
- thoroughness in treatment of topic within the maximum page limit
- limitations or conclusions drawn
- understanding of research principles
- appreciation for technical principles
- adherence to conventions of the discipline
- organization of the research paper
- use of acceptable grammar and proper spelling
- definition of terms when necessary
- clarity of meaning
The deadline for submissions is February 20, 2023. We will announce Best Paper Award recipients before the Symposium. Recipients will receive a certificate and a $100 award, and we will announce their award during the Keynote session of the Symposium.