The Best Paper Awards recognize excellence among papers written on work being presented at that year’s CURO Symposium.
Best Papers are considered in the following categories: Life Sciences; Public and International Affairs; Arts, Humanities and Media; Physical and Environmental Sciences; Social Sciences; Business; and Technology, Engineering and Math.
Award recipients will be presented with a certificate and a $100 reward during the Symposium keynote address.
To be eligible for a Best Paper Award, applicants must be presenting at the CURO Symposium in the oral and/or poster session(s).
Papers should be no longer than 10 pages (excluding references and appendices), double spaced, and with a font no smaller than 11 points.
REVIEW & SELECTION:
Each submission will be reviewed according to the following criteria:
- originality in topic
- design of research
- clarity in stating the problem or thesis
- thoroughness in treatment of topic within the maximum page limit
- limitations or conclusions drawn
- understanding of research principles
- appreciation for technical principles
- adherence to conventions of the discipline
- organization of the research paper
- use of acceptable grammar and proper spelling
- definition of terms when necessary
- clarity of meaning
Best Paper Award recipients will be announced in early March. Award recipients will be presented with a certificate and a $100 award during the Symposium keynote address on April 9, 2018.